Tuesday, March 16, 2010

High Protein Pancakes-Big Thumbs UP!

I tried these pancakes this last weekend and love them! They aren't gluten-free, but they are high in protein and low sugar (none, until you add syrup!). I imagine that if you were to add some lemon zest and some blue berries that they'd be fairly low on the glycemic index! Don't quote me on that, though! They were really easy to make, and if you're feeding more than yourself, I'd recommend doubling or even tripling the recipe.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
3 large eggs
1 cup cottage cheese (nonfat is fine)
2 Tbsp canola oil (can be omitted)
1/4 cup white flour (I had whole wheat, and it was great. Going to try to gluten-free this recipe soon.)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (optional. I loved this!)

Put all ingredients into the blender (I mixed flour, baking powder and salt up before throwing it in), and combine until smooth. Pour onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Make sure you check the bottoms. They were a deep golden brown by the time I saw bubbles.

I topped this with a little syrup, but you could do berries and/or a little honey and they'd be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment