Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Potatoes

A few weeks ago I spent an overnight with my sweet and sassy sister, Hannah. I was so fun to watch movies all weekend, relax, and talk together. I wish we lived closer and could hang out more! She is so amazing. She's encounter all kinds of various trials, and is one STRONG cookie!

While we were there, I made a dinner that has become a personal favorite! It's super easy, gluten-free for those who care, and is a healthy take on potatoes. Here it is:

Drizzle chicken breast (I did thighs, yum!) with olive oil, and sprinkle with Garlic Dude Dust (haven't ordered this online, but search it out. It's a favorite!), and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes (shorter time for thighs).

While the chicken is baking, boil cubed sweet potatoes (light flesh) for 15 minutes, or until tender. Mash potatoes with a little butter, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. It's the zest that sets this apart, and does help keep your glycemic index lower. The combination of the sweet potatoes and garlicy chicken are so yummy.

Add in a mixed greens salad or broccoli, and you've got a delicious and healthy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment