Tuesday, December 1, 2015

God's Ways Are NOT My Ways: Psalm 42:11

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? 
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." 
Psalm 42:11 NIV

In the book of John, Jesus tells us we will have trouble in this world. It's a guarantee. On any given day we could probably be able to name several troubles in our own lives, and troubles we see happening around the world. Without even researching, I can say with certainty that the troubles in our world are increasing in intensity and visibility as we get closer to "go time." "Go time" = heaven is coming!! This thought also comes from the Bible. Yet in Psalms, David reminds us (and God does too), that we can put our hope in God, and even praise Him, in the midst of troubles.

Last night I found soul downcast and disturbed. In the same breath, I can't help but say that I had a beautiful day yesterday that was full of blessing, and I wanted for nothing. Yet, as predicted by the Savior, I had troubles. As I went to bed I found myself reacting passive aggressively, and aggressively, to my circumstances. This morning I had clarity about what went down, and was able to see with better perspective how I want to react in the future. I want to be able to react with understanding and JOY. JOY is one of those words that even though we can look it up in the dictionary and quote a definition, it's a word that describes a spiritual thing that will be a little bit elusive until we reach heaven. To fully understand the depth of that word, and be able to fully express with words what it means, is a little bit impossible. BUT, I know that if I find joy in anything other than the Lord, it will be a short-lived emotion! However, my desire is to be filled with Holy-Spirit Joy in the evening. This is infringing on a generational sin! Not only that, but to suggest that it is possible to have JOY past 8pm, God will have to break a law of (my) nature. I'm a tried and true morning person, and my father's daughter. After the dinner dishes are done, I'm toast, ready for bed. To have to do any kind of chores, ready books at any length, be social, is quite difficult for me. YET, I know Jesus was raised from the dead, and so certainly God, if given the opportunity, can fill me with JOY after 8pm. The Lord is gracious and I am been an active participant in JOY in the evening, and I will fight for it to be a regular occurrence.

"Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." So, putting faith into action, I'm going to be asking the Lord for help in redeeming my 8-11pm part of my life and filling it with JOY. I have every HOPE that it will be accomplished, because I can put my HOPE in the living God. His promises are as good as done. It will take some active participation on my part, and is my new learning target.

I can become an active participant in being filled with JOY in the evening, no matter the circumstances.

Walking by faith,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment