Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Scripture and Oatmeal Protein Bars

Psalm 40 – Excerpts
"I waited patiently for the Lord; 
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction,
out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon
a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, 
a song of praise to our God.


How blessed is the man who has 
made the Lord his trust.
Many, O Lord my God are the wonders
which You have done,
And Your thoughts toward us;
There is none to compare with You.
If I would declare and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to count.


I delight to do Your will, O my God;
Your Law is within my heart.


Let all who seek You rejoice 
and be glad in You;
Let those who love your 
salvation say continually,
'The Lord be magnified!'"


Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Trail Bars

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir the following 4 ingred. and set aside.
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

In a large bowl, mix together the following 3 ingred.
1/2 c natural-style smooth peanut butter
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 c honey

Beat in:
1 egg + 2 egg whites,
then add 2 Tbsp canola oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Stir in:
2 c oats
1 c dried cranberries
1/2 c dark chocolate chips (or more!)
1/2 c chopped walnuts or almonds

Lay down aluminum foil in 13x9 pan and spray with oil spray.
Spread mixture as evenly as possible. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
When mostly cooled, lift bars out of pan and cut into 24 bars.
Enjoy!

Per serving: 175 calories, 4 g protein, 24 g carbs,
2 g fiber, 8 g total fat, 1 g sat fat, 9 mg cholesterol,
68 g sodium








No comments:

Post a Comment