Monday, June 8, 2015

Dancing, and Singing (in bed)

Psalm 149:3-5
"Let them praise His Name with dancing and make music to Him with tambourine and harp. For the Lord takes delight in His people; He crowns the humble with salvation. Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds."

Have you sang for joy in your bed? I've sang for joy in my bed, in the shower, as I'm running, as I've danced in my kitchen. This Psalm says to dance and make music with instruments!! It says that the Lord delights in His people. It says he crowns the humble with salvation and that the saints rejoice in this HONOR and will sing in their beds. I love singing, making music, and dancing. Like I've written and said before, worship is a total body, mind, and emotion experience...but it is more than an experience. It is an act not based on what it accomplishes for me. It is in response to the work of God in my heart and my life. My heart LEAPS when God proves His love and faithfulness to me in ways I know only He knows. My heart LEAPS for joy when I can see His work in my heart...when the selfishness leaves, the pride leaves, and instead I'm left with humble awe at the work of His hands. Have you experienced this before? When there is no fear...just trust left in its place. God, the ultimate provider! He provides so perfectly and God longs for us to fully trust His provision...to not worry or doubt Him. Matthew 6:25-33. Do we really believe, in the age of everything-at-our-finger-tips, that God is still our provider? Do we believe, in the age of grocery stores or everything-else-you'd-ever-need grocery stores? Do I still believe in God my provider? Do we seek to steward well what He's given us? Do we seek His wisdom and His kingdom first?

If I can sing for joy in my bed, if I can delight in the honor of being chosen and saved and delighted in by God, I can not be fearful or worried at the same time. Is it possible? I don't find myself experiencing those two things at the same time.

God you are perfectly holy, loving, gracious, just, righteous, merciful, and you have honored us with salvation through Jesus Christ. I praise your Holy Name and sing songs and dance before YOU today. I will sing songs of joy in my bed tonight, tomorrow, and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment