Monday, June 1, 2015

Whom do I worship?

Psalm 25:1
"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God."

Psalm 55:16
"But I call to God, and the Lord saves. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice."

Psalm 85:8-9
"I will listen to what God the Lord will say; He promises peace to His people, HIs saints– but let them not return to folly. Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land."

Psalm 115:2-8
Why do the nations say, "Where is their God?" Our God is in heaven; He does whatever pleases Him. But their idols are silver and gold, made by the hands of men. They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear, noses, but they cannot smell; they have hands, but cannot feel; feet but they cannot walk; nor can they utter a sound with their throats. Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them."

Psalm 145:1-7, 18-21 (God leads us in true worship, recommend this whole Psalm)
"I will exalt You, my God the King; I will praise Your name forever and ever. Every day I will praise You and extol Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend Your works to another; they will tell of Your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and I will meditate on Your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of Your awesome works, and I will proclaim Your great deeds. They will celebrate Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of Your righteousness."

"The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy. My mouth will speak in the praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise His holy name forever and ever."

These Psalms prompted me to look at what my heart is pondering the majority of the time, what am I worshipping. Lately, honestly, is the impact of the things I write. I find myself looking to the praises of man. That is the last thing that I ever intended when I began to write consistently. Yet, how easily do I go back to my folly. I am just so human. Pastor Ron, who is now singing praises with the angels and saints, used to say, "If salvation were up to us, we'd never make it." I'm thankful for verses like Ephesians 2:8-9 that tell me it is God's gift and it isn't dependent on anything I could do. It is totally out of my hands. HOWEVER, my heart is brought low when I consider how quickly I treasure things that don't save me, are made by men, cannot speak, cannot see, cannot smell, cannot feel, cannot walk. Which means, God CAN do all of those things, and He invites me to treasure Him; to be sustained, provided for, and brought near to Him! So today I set aside and make plans to treasure and worship my Savior. I set aside those things which are empty, and treasure instead, praise instead, worship instead, SPEAK ABOUT instead, my Savior. His nearness is my good, and according to those last few verses, He is near to all who call on Him. So I call on Him, the One who is worthy, the One who is able to answer.

Lord, I praise you and extol Your great works. I praise YOU that You never change in my ever changing self and world. Be Thou my vision and bind my wandering heart to Thee. I will speak about Your great works so that those around me will say of You, that You have saved me. It is You that has rescued me from harm. It is You that has provided to graciously and abundantly. It is beyond what I expect or deserve. Praise be to Your HOLY NAME. 



No comments:

Post a Comment