Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Do I trust God?

Psalm 22

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O God I cry out by day but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent." "Yet, you are enthroned in heaven as the Holy One…”

The precious words of Christ. While the wrath of the Father was being poured out on Him, as He carried the sins of the world on His shoulders. He walked to the cross trusting the power of God. Never doubted. Never wondered like I do. God proved Himself to be trustworthy because Christ rose again. He came back to life. Yet His soul, my soul, cries out. Do I really entrust myself to God? While I'm NOT in the thick of the hard thing...yes. While I'm in the thick of the hard thing and my emotions are high and there's tension, t's harder to stand with strength and say that same yes. HOWEVER, God is enthroned in heaven as the Holy One. No matter what is going on in life, His character remains, His holy intentions are the same. Regardless of my emotions, He is who He is.

How are you entrusting yourself and your circumstances to God, as Christ did?

No comments:

Post a Comment