Friday, May 29, 2015

Who is this King of Glory?

Psalm 24:1-4, 7-10 (I recommend reading this whole Psalm, and Psalm 91, to have a better understanding of God's name, Lord Almighty.)
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters. Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false."

"Lift up your herds, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may com in. Who is He, this King of glory? The Lord Almighty– He is the King of Glory. Selah

Psalm 84:1, 4
"Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth."

"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the One who sustains me."

Psalm 84:1-2, 11-12
"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! My soul years, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God."

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."

Psalm 114:7-8
"Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, and the presence of the God of Jacob, who turned the rock into a pool, the hard rock into springs of water."

Psalm 144:2, 15 (I recommend reading the whole Psalm!)
"He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples (this is King David, King of Israel speaking...for us, thoughts, spiritual enemies?) under me."

"Blessed are the people of whom this (see previous verses) is true; blessed are the people whose God is the Lord."

In light of who God is, Almighty God, sustainer, provider, protector, stronger than any other...I bend my knee. I submit my circumstances and momentary trials to Him. "I consider that our present sufferings (persecution, beatings, imprisonment) are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)" If Paul considers these trials, I have not encountered trials. I have encountered "bumps" along the way. I've encountered things that are different than my expectations. I have encountered so little because my walk of faith isn't really a walk of faith. It is weak. It is a walk by sight. If God is who He says He is, let my feet walk by faith and not by sight.

God, what are you asking me to do? How are you asking me to trust who you are? In light of you being El Shaddai, God Almighty, where would you have me go and what would you have me do? Let my life be a reflection of who you are! Let my life say of you, "God is who He says He is!" God lead me in confession, in submission to you. Lead me. My life is yours. Help me to understand deeper, and my life reflect, who you are, the King of Glory, God Almighty. Praise your Name for inviting us to know who you are. Praise your Name for not only showing us in your Word, but showing us in our very lives, in our present time and hearts, who you are. Praise your Name, King of Glory, God Almighty!





No comments:

Post a Comment